My Shared Items

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fall Break Scheduled!

Still a freshman (1st year) in the university (American University of Kuwait), I haven’t spent many semesters on campus. Been a university student since summer '07 to be precise which makes the current semester (fall '08) my 5th semester. Ok, I know that’s not short time to but still. I hope to be a sophomore by the end of this semester. 

Moving on, I had to say that because this year is the year in which I had (and am going to have) the most amount of something known as "vacation." This is because the standard 4-month summer for me turned into the 5-month vacation as the Kuwaiti government announced holidays as Eid season came along (End of holy month of Ramadan).

Enough with the past vacation in the current year and on with the coming vacation, and on with the coming vacations. Yesterday, I got an email for university’s student life, announcing that the fall semester break has been scheduled from December 5th to January 7th. The official vacations for me as of this year are a little over 6 months now. These do not include other small breaks like the liberation/national day holidays, weekends (if I want to count those too.) 

These holidays might be boring for me or really exciting but lets see how these vacations turn out!

No comments: